Sunday, May 25, 2008

Progress Update

  1. Artifact Collection:

For our research I have been in charge of collecting data artifacts. So far I have collected 7 (free) physical artifacts while also taking several photos of displays inside of a Starbucks store. Each artifact was then placed into a spreadsheet to clearly display common and different traits of each artifact.

Categories:

Color (Brown, Green), Logo (Present or Not?), Siren (Old or New)

  1. Online Artifact Collection

Online I have found several photos on Flickr displaying various physical artifacts that people have captured in their photos. I have begun research to see if I can determine each year when the napkins have changed but it is proving to be much more difficult with inaccurate dates added by Flickr users, so a detailed timeline is not yet available.

In addition I have found a site promoting “Starbucks Invasions”, as a way to defer Starbucks from popping up everywhere in the United States.

http://www.areyougeneric.org/action_sbucksinvasion.php

In opposition of the above site, I recently found a Facebook group requesting that Italy receive Starbucks.

http://apps.facebook.com/causes/23089?fp=6d544&h=ifc&recruiter_id=8201554&t=1211656377

  1. Lastly, I have contributed to reviewing various articles regarding the logo at hand, possible individuals involved with the Starbucks Corporation.

No comments: